ORC Fishing and Food Processing Limited is the Fishing and Sea Food Processing division of TGI Group which is dedicated to shrimping /fish trawling in Nigeria having ultra-modern and fully equipped trawlers with large fish hold capacities. Our operations base is at Kirikiri Lighter Terminal 2, Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria.
Our products are captured, cleaned, packed and frozen at sea on our modern trawlers. All our vessels have European Union Approval.
Our catches are sold locally and in the international markets. With over 20 years’ experience, we export the best seafood, from Nigeria to many international markets.
ORC Fishing is also affiliated to Manufacturers Association of Nigeria Export Group, Nigerian Export Promotion Council (NEPC) and Nigerian Trawler Owners Association.
Our Products command a premium price in the French, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch and other foreign markets.
Our mission is to provide quality goods and services to our customers. Our commitment to quality, hard work and vast experience gives us the confidence to deliver quality seafood from the coast to our customers in Nigeria and abroad.
- Our vessels operate in the Nigerian waters and major catches include prawns, shrimps, crabs, cuttlefish and other fishes.
- The species we export are: Penaeus monodon, Penaeus notialis and Parapenaeopsis atlantica.
Processing and Quality Control
- The trawling and shrimps processing are carried out with modern industrial infrastructure, fully equipped trawlers and highly qualified professionals under a strict quality control.
- To guarantee the quality of our products, we begin quality control from the time of sorting the catches on-board the vessels. They are sorted on different sizes, processed, fresh-frozen and packaged according to grades. On-board processing minimizes handling time and ensures quality fresh frozen product.
- On shore, we have large cold room storage facilities, which maintain a minimum temperature of -200°C.
- Our processing plant has all the desired infrastructure facilities with latest processing machinery to pre-process, process, pack and store our products hygienically under a strict quality control.
- Our onshore facilities have modern laboratory capable of carrying out all organoleptic and microbiological tests.
- Our vessels are approved by the European Union and processing is carried out in accordance with HACCP principles.